Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Plan


I have a simple plan for this year.  I'm going to watch through all fifty-three of the animated movies released by the Walt Disney Animation Studios.  I'll watch one movie each week,  in order of their release.  So I will be starting with Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs proceeding from there. 

After I watch each one I'm going to take a close look at the plot, and try to pick apart how the story was put together.  I'll look at things like the protagonists and antagonists, the act breaks and how the action rises and falls.   I'll try to figure out why each scene is there, and how it fits into the overall plot.  And once I've done that I'll post my breakdown here on the blog.

I'm no expert at this.  In fact, the main point of this exercise is to learn.  So I don't expect that I'll catch everything in the films right away.  I invite anyone that does choose to follow this blog to speak up with their own thoughts about the plots, pointing out things I might have missed or interpreted incorrectly. 

So that's my plan.  Feel free to follow along.

No comments:

Post a Comment