Monday, August 11, 2014

What I Really Think: Guardians of the Galaxy



(Spoiler’s Ahead)

I went into Guardians of the Galaxy hoping for a humorous and exciting romp and fortunately that’s exactly what Marvel delivered.  This movie is a lot of fun almost from beginning to end (the opening scene is a bit heavy).  The characters were fun and interesting, with Groot and Rocket stealing the show.  Quill was a lot of fun the whole time.  I liked Gamora more than expected.  She was more than just the grim assassin I was afraid we’d get and I like how she’s tied into the larger mythology.  Drax was a bit flat, but overall he worked fine too.  Everyone had their own motivations and for the first half of the movie it’s basically them forced together by circumstance and bouncing off each other.  All of which is a lot of fun.  And that’s pretty much the best way to sum up this movie.  A lot of fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment