Thursday, October 2, 2014

Long Beach Comic Con



I went to the Long Beach Comic Con this past weekend.  It’s a nice mid-size convention.  It’s small enough to see everything in a day, but big enough to still attract some nice talent.  I’ve enjoyed attending for the last few years, but this year it was a bit of a last minute choice when other plans fell through.  

I had fun at the convention, but couldn’t shake the feeling of not making the most of my time there. I usually go into these things with more of a plan of what I want to do and see and buy.  But this time I was pretty much just winging it and that threw me off.  I suppose that just speaks to how much I like to plan things.  

Anyway, here’s my swag from the convention.  I got the first volume of the X-Men trade paperback and liked it enough to try out the next one too.  The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen has been on my radar to get for a long time, and decided to finally go for it.  And Shrugged is something I’m unfamiliar with, but looked like an interesting concept so I’m giving it a shot.  I like to look for comics I’m not familiar with at conventions like this.  Hopefully it’s good.  



No comments:

Post a Comment